IMPORTANT A mention on this page should not be taken to imply that the entity concerned is in fact dishonest, only that suspicions about it have been reported. Great care should be taken when entering into any cryptocurrency transaction. See Security for advice on safely obtaining and holding ADA. The items are sorted by YYYYMMDD and
strikethrough text means the problem has been dealt with.
Part of providing accurate information and ensuring that the community has access to it is managing fake information, scam sites and fraudulent social accounts. Please report (possible) scams to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is closely monitored by the Cardano Foundation Team. You can quickly alert them to anything you see as a scam or a fake account. This allows them to communicate with the platforms involved to deal with the problem.
When reporting something you have seen, please add in the social channel in the email subject line. For example: "Telegram - reporting someone spamming" or "Fake website looks like a scam" or "Reddit - someone is posting scam links". So that they can deal with the issue efficiently.
Suspicions have been reported regarding:
- 20191227: CryptoStake claims 15% return per month, apparent clone of CardanoStaking (below), highly probable scam.
CardanoStaking claims 15% return per month, highly probable scam.
- 20190430: WorldADA is not Cardano's partner. Do NOT send your ADA to World ADA. See the original warning from april 30 2019 at the official Telegram Cardano Announcements channel.
- 20190327: There are scam Ledger apps. See the original warning from march 27 2019 at the official Telegram Cardano Announcements channel.
- 20190324: 100x Guarantee in the next 5 years Twitter
- 20190125: "Cardano Classic is a scam" in the opinion of Charles Hoskinson.
- 20190118: Some users might receive direct messages (on telegram or other platforms), with fake notifications about new Daedalus update. See the original warning from january 18 2019 at the official Telegram Cardano Announcements channel.
- 20181221: freecardano.com very probably a scam faucet
Fake Daedalus wallet on Google store
Cryptosmate.io is a scam website according to cryptomate.co.uk.
- 20181001: passive-trust.com is not specifically aimed at Cardano, but at cryptocurrency holders generally. Claimed to be investing crypto assets that customers gave them, but disappeared with the assets.
- 20180731: cardanopays.com is not associated with Cardano, claims extremely high returns, very probably a scam.
emurgoada.com is NOT a genuine website. You will be scammed and you will lose your money.
trial-bot.com is a fake copy of the Daedalus website that links to soma fake `daedalus.exe` file
- 20180516: www.eobot.com/ada ADA Mining with Eobot Claims "easiest, cheapest, and best way to mine ADA": seems they claim to mine many cryptos but actually mine very few and convert proceeds. Be very wary!
www.traxia.in confirmed as scam in official Traxia Telegram group
Cardano Miner Claim Free ADAapp
Cardano Miner Free ADAapp
- 20180428: cardano-recovery.github.io/cardea-form/#/startRecovery Cardano Recovery
Free Cardano Faucetapp
ADA Reward - Earn free Cardanoapp
Cardano ADA Cold Walletapp