IMPORTANT A mention on this page should not be taken to imply that the entity concerned is in fact dishonest, only that suspicions about it have been reported. Great care should be taken when entering into any cryptocurrency transaction. See Security for advice on safely obtaining and holding ADA. The items are sorted by YYYYMMDD and
strikethrough text means the problem has been dealt with.
Part of providing accurate information and ensuring that the community has access to it is managing fake information, scam sites and fraudulent social accounts. Please report (possible) scams to email@example.com. This email address is closely monitored by the Cardano Foundation Team. You can quickly alert them to anything you see as a scam or a fake account. This allows them to communicate with the platforms involved to deal with the problem.
When reporting something you have seen, please add in the social channel in the email subject line. For example: "Telegram - reporting someone spamming" or "Fake website looks like a scam" or "Reddit - someone is posting scam links". So that they can deal with the issue efficiently.
Suspicions have been reported regarding the following apps:
Cardano ADA Cold Wallet
ADA Reward - Earn free Cardano
Free Cardano Faucet
Cardano Miner Free ADA
Cardano Miner Claim Free ADA
Fake Daedalus wallet on Google store
ICOs, other websites
Suspicions have been reported regarding the following ICOs and other websites:
- 20180428: cardano-recovery.github.io/cardea-form/#/startRecovery Cardano Recovery
www.traxia.in confirmed as scam in official Traxia Telegram group
- 20180516: www.eobot.com/ada ADA Mining with Eobot Claims "easiest, cheapest, and best way to mine ADA": seems they claim to mine many cryptos but actually mine very few and convert proceeds. Be very wary!
trial-bot.com is a fake copy of the Daedalus website that links to soma fake `daedalus.exe` file
emurgoada.com is NOT a genuine website. You will be scammed and you will lose your money.
- 20180731: cardanopays.com is not associated with Cardano, claims extremely high returns, very probably a scam.
- 20181001: passive-trust.com is not specifically aimed at Cardano, but at cryptocurrency holders generally. Claimed to be investing crypto assets that customers gave them, but disappeared with the assets.
Cryptosmate.io is a scam website according to cryptomate.co.uk.
- 20181221 freecardano.com very probably a scam faucet
- 20190118 Some users might receive direct messages (on telegram or other platforms), with fake notifications about new Daedalus update. See the original warning from january 18 2019 at the official Telegram Cardano Announcements channel.